Harry Kane is under consideration to face Wolves on Sunday, Tottenham head coach Nuno Espirito Santo has revealed.
The England captain has been strongly linked with a £100million-plus move to Manchester City in the current transfer window and is reported to be keen to leave Spurs.
However, for now Kane remains a Tottenham player, and Nuno would want to make the best use of the 28-year-old if he is ready for match action, having yet to feature this season.
After training through the week, Kane was again working under the close eye of Nuno on Friday, with Tottenham having returned from an unsuccessful Europa Conference League trip to Portugal.
Speaking the day after a 1-0 loss to Pacos de Ferreira in a play-off to reach UEFA s tertiary club competition, N…
Bastos wants permanent Schalke move
Lyon winger Michel Bastos has made it clear that he does not plan to return to Stade Gerland when his loan deal at Schalke comes to an end.
The Brazilian midfielder joined the Miners on loan in the January transfer window after none of the interested clubs were ready to meet Lyon s asking price.
Bastos has since impressed at Veltins Arena and he is hoping to finally leave Lyon on permanent basis.
“I d rather Schalke bought me from Lyon,” the highly rated midfielder confessed to Sport Bild. “I would like to remain at the club for a long time”
However, it appears the Bundesliga side don t have the means to buy out the player s contract but they instead plan to loan him for another season.
“We wa…
Uruguay international striker Luis Suarez has revealed he is happy at Liverpool amid speculation linking him with a summer move away from Anfield, .
Suarez, 26, put pen to paper on a long-term deal at Anfield last season, but recent reports have suggested the Uruguayan could pursue pastures new in the upcoming summer transfer window, with Liverpool set to miss out on UEFA Champions League football next term.
All things considered, Suarez wants to stay at the club.
I ll be here next season, yes. Not only am I playing for Liverpool, I am playing in one of the best leagues in the world, said Suarez. I am very happy [at Liverpool] and I want to see out my contract, though in football you never know quite what s ahead.
A club can decide they don t …
Inter coach Roberto Mancini has attempted to lower the growing expectations surrounding his side after their latest Serie A victory by pointing to Roma s title bid of two years ago.
League-leading Inter beat Chievo 1-0 on Sunday thanks to a Mauro Icardi goal in Verona, making it four wins from four with only one goal conceded in the campaign so far.
That superb start has prompted a number of key figures to tip Inter for a Scudetto challenge, with Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri amongst those to label them title favourites.
Mancini urged observers to look back to 2013-14 campaign before making bold predictions over his team s chances.
That year, Roma incredibly won all of their first 10 matches until falling away and eventually finishing 17 points behin…
Chelsea F.C. winger Eden Hazard has put pen to paper on a new five-and-a-half year deal at Stamford Bridge.
The Belgium international, 24, joined Chelsea from Lille OSC for £32 million in the summer of 2012, and has gone one to tally 43 goals and 46 assists in 147 appearances for the Blues.
Hazard, a two-time PFA Team of the Year selection, has started every English Premier League match for Chelsea this season, and is absolutely delighted to commit his long-term future to the club.
I am very happy to sign a new contract with Chelsea, Hazard said. Since I came here in 2012 I have always felt good and the club has been very supportive to me.
The manager has helped me improve a lot, the fans have been fantastic and I hav…
Philippe Coutinho accepts his time at Barcelona didn t work out the way he had hoped after he completed a loan move to Bayern Munich on Monday.
Coutinho joined Barca from Liverpool in January 2018 in a deal potentially worth a reported €160million and things began promisingly, as he scored eight goals in his first 18 LaLiga games.
However, he struggled for consistency and failed to hold down a spot in the starting XI last season, playing only 22 matches from the beginning.
Coutinho became a scapegoat for fans and came in for increased criticism – as did coach Ernesto Valverde and team-mate Ivan Rakitic – after Barca s Champions League semi-final exit to Liverpool, despite them winning the first leg 3-0.
The Brazil international had been suggested as…
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says the club needed to play this weekend after back-to-back postponements.
Premier League action was called off last weekend following the death of Queen Elizabeth II, while Arsenal s Europa League game with PSV on Thursday was also postponed.
Chelsea s clash against Liverpool and Manchester United s tie with Leeds United are off this weekend but the Gunners trip across London to Brentford is going ahead.
With the added complication of the World Cup in Qatar later this year, Arteta is relieved Sunday s game will be played and hailed the nation s show of respect following the passing of the Queen.
We needed to play. We want to play games. If you look at the schedule, after World Cup especially. We need to play games, or it…
New York Cosmos head coach Giovanni Savarese has hailed Marcos Senna’s leadership qualities after signing the former Spain international.
Brazil-born Senna has ended his lengthy association with Villarreal to move to America, with the deal subject to a medical.
The 36-year-old midfielder made over 300 appearances for Villarreal after joining in 2002, helping the club to win the UEFA Intertoto Cup twice.
The signing of a player as recognised as Senna represents something of a coup for New York Cosmos, who re-launched in 2010 and will begin plying their trade in the North American Soccer League in August.
We are delighted to add Marcos Senna to the New York Cosmos, said Savarese.
His reputation in the game and his achievements over his career on the field speak for themsel…
Cardiff City’s veteran striker Craig Bellamy has admitted his regret at never signing for Tottenham Hotspur, .
The 34 year old, who has played for eight different teams in English competition, has said that he had two chances to move to White Hart Lane in the last six years.
Bellamy began his career with Norwich City in the mid-nineties, before moving on to Coventry City after five years at Carrow Road.
Spells with Newcastle United, Celtic (loan), Blackburn Rovers, Liverpool West Ham United, and Manchester City followed, while he enjoyed a loan spell with the Bluebirds before returning to Anfield in 2011.
He then permanently joined his hometown club last August, and has since scored four times in thirty-nine league appearances.
The stri…
Premier League giants Chelsea are said to have joined the running for Real Sociedad forward Willian Jose.
The highly-rated 26-year-old joined Real Sociedad in 2016 after from Las Palmas and went on to score 34 goals in 74 appearances at the Anoeta stadium.
Jose has four years in his deal with the Spanish side but could make a step forward in his career with Chelsea said to be keeping a keen eye on him. Newcastle and Fulham are also said to be interested but Willian Jose would have no interest in joining either of the two clubs.
Marca claims Chelsea have already made contact with the player and will discuss a potential transfer with Real Sociedad representatives this week.
Chelsea have until Thursday to conclude all transfer dealings and Maurizio Sarri is…